The Nepalese Organisation
Sri Auronbindo Yoga Mandir
Sri Aurobindo Yoga Mandir is a non-profit organization, founded in 1993 by Swami Ramchandra Das, which wishes to promote and realize the vision of Sri Aurobindo and of Mother in order to elevate life to the best of Human Beings.
In this world where wars, various conflicts, and despair affects a majority of the inhabitants of the planet, this organization tries to inspire those who seek simple happiness and peace. It generously gives what is common to all spiritual and material growth. It is a shelter to walk towards a future of kindness and peace, a universal place where men and women can live and progress in harmony beyond political creeds and nationalities in order to achieve human unity.
In spring 2020, Sri Aurobindo Yoga Mandir takes care of more than 230 children and young people from underprivileged areas of Nepal by providing them with food, shelter, and education… but above all a dignity and a joy to exist. She guides these children to grow up and become men of values, generous hearts, and living souls through yoga, meditation, and spiritual values.
The organization covers many activities, in a spirit of autonomy, sustainability, and respect, but also to offer children and young people an environment allowing multidimensional learning. It is like a big house, a big loving family, and above all a school where children can receive a rich and varied education which allows them to engage, as adults, in a dignified and respectable life.
The different structures of Sri Aurobindo Yoga Mandir:
- 2 Ashrams-Schools in Kathmandu and Kolhuwa, in the Terai Plain
- 1 Ashram-Hermitage in Gulmi, Himalayas
- 2 Dairy farms and 3 Vegetable farms in organic farming
- 1 Mill
- 1 Sewing workshop
- 1 Incense making workshop
- 1 Workshop for making pashmina shawls (down from high mountain goats)
- 1 Cultural Centre
- 3 Guest-Houses
- 1 Trekking Agency
- 1 Himalayan Centre for Ayurvedic and naturopathic treatments and cures
- 1 Hospital for Ayurvedic and Naturopathic Medicine (under construction)
- … and many projects in the process of creation or development …
The resources of Sri Aurobindo Yoga Mandir:
- the sale of milk and vegetables (organic farm)
- welcoming foreign travelers
- the organization of treks and trips with the agency Auronepal Trek created within the ashram
- the integral yoga retreats
- Ayurvedic Hospital – Scheduled to open in November 2020
- naturopathic and ayurvedic health and care in the Himalayas
- sound care (singing bowls)
- integral yoga workshops and specifically certain yoga related activities:
- and donations
A Big and Wonderful Family
At the beginning of the year 2020, SAYM counts :
- 70 girls and 60 boys 2 to 15 years old
- 45 young people between 15 and 20 years old
- 35 adults from 20 to 30 years old
- 20 adults from 30 to 80 years old
To date, more than 700 children have passed through the organization and have gone on to enter a dignified working life and start a family .
While 25 of them live in Europe or the United States, most are settled in Kathmandu.
Some of them have become enthusiastic and highly creative entrepreneurs.
Sri Aurobindo Yoga Mandir
Sri Aurobindo Yoga Mandir
Sri Aurobindo Yoga Mandir – Auronepal Trek
© Abel Millot — © Les Enfants de Ram — © Sri Aurobindo Yoga Mandir — © Auronepal Travel & Trek — Janvier 2020